Bookaholic and proud, Yorkshire dweller, cat slave. Corporate Acquisition Manager by day, book-addict by night.
books, coffee, sarcasm, chocolate, laughing, hiking, thunderstorms, travel, mountains, cycling, dogs, journals, countryside, sunshine, cats, candles, autumn, tigers, real fires, bubble baths, my bed, handbags, hot chocolate, history, lakes, mini eggs, Christmas, cheese, snow, the cinema, sleeping, weekends, crime series TV shows, swimming, red wine
I don’t like
my alarm clock, sweetcorn, people with no manners, aggression, pomp, celebrity wannabees, wasps
Lover of crime fiction (mysteries, psychological thrillers, police procedurals), contemporary fiction, Victorian fiction, historical fiction.
Bloody love a whodunnit, a shocking twist (or two), laugh out loud moments, being moved to tears, an unreliable narrator (or two), coincidences, secrets, nostalgia and a book that makes me surprised to look up and realise I’m still in my front room.
Some of My Favourite books
3) The Magus by John Fowles
4) Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
5) Animal Farm by George Orwell
7) Life of Pi by Yann Martel
8) The Secret History by Donna Tartt
11) Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
13) A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
17) The Collector by John Fowles
20) All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
Some of my favourite authors